Volunteer: Trail Tending at the Graham Preserve
Only a short boat ride from numerous islands, Shaw Island can feel like a world away, and the Graham Preserve is a lovely corner of it. Years of steady effort by Preservation Trust staff and several volunteer groups have resulted in two lovely, connected trails that meander through this 99-acre preserve near Shaw Island’s south shore. Come enjoy some midweek time in the outdoors and pitch in with summer cleanup of this beautiful preserve.
Stewardship Director Dean Dougherty will lead and Jack Russillo, Volunteer and Outreach Coodinator, will support. Listed start and end times are approximate until the Spring 2023 ferry schedule takes effect.
We'll supply tools and some snacks, but please arrange your own transportation to the Graham Preserve. The preserve is less than 1.5 miles of relatively flat road from the Shaw Island Ferry Terminal.
- Date: Wednesday, August 23, 2023
- Time: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Location: Graham Preserve on Shaw Island
- Bring: Weather-appropriate clothing and footwear, water
- Questions? Email Jack Russillo, SJPT Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator
- This event is free of charge, but attendance is limited to the first 10 people who sign up. (You can join the waiting list when you sign up if capacity has been reached. If there are cancellations, we will contact the next in line as soon as possible.)
- All participants are required to sign an SJPT liability waiver. Please ensure that everyone you register, including yourself, has filled out our online waiver in English or en Español (required as part of the registration process).
|Neon CRM by Neon One|