Volunteer: Earth Day at Henry Island Preserve
Only a short boat ride from busy Roche Harbor, Henry Island Preserve feels like a world away, straddling the boundary between the shallow waters of Mosquito Pass and the blue depths of Haro Strait. Come enjoy some outer-island tranquility and pitch in with spring cleanup on this beautiful preserve, a short boat ride from Roche Harbor (San Juan Island).
Special Projects Director Kathleen Lewis will lead and Jack Russillo, Volunteer and Outreach Coodinator, will support. Listed start and end times are approximate. Work parties typically last 3-4 hours and are timed to meet ferry schedules.
Details about when and where to meet, etc., will be emailed to registered participants prior to the event. We'll supply tools and some snacks. Bring your own lunch and water bottle/beverage. Boat transportation will be provided, embarking from Roche Harbor Marina.
- Date: Saturday, April 22, 2023
- Time: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Location: Henry Island Preserve (meet at Roche Harbor Marina)
- Bring: Sturdy walking shoes for beach and forest trails, water, lunch
- Questions? Email Jack Russillo, SJPT Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator
- This event is limited to the first 10 people who sign up. (You can join the waiting list when you sign up if capacity has been reached. If there are cancellations, we will contact the next in line as soon as possible.)
- All participants are required to sign an SJPT liability waiver. Please ensure that everyone you register, including yourself, has filled out our online waiver in English or en Español (required as part of the registration process).
|Neon CRM by Neon One|